Neighborhood Choir is a fun and engaging outreach program offered on a limited, contractual basis to schools and community sites throughout San Diego County. In this sliding-scale program, elementary school students from all economic backgrounds experience choral music education in a convenient location. Children who start with limited to no choral experience benefit from peer interaction, musical knowledge and leadership skills. Informal recitals are held for family and friends at the end of each eight-week to 12-week session.
2017/18 School year
Neighborhood Choir was contracted at the following schools in 2017/18:
- Alice Birney Elementary - Tuition Free Title 1 Site
- Baker Elementary School–Tuition Free Title 1 Site and DEEP program
- Chollas Mead Elementary School –Tuition Free Title 1 Site and DEEP program
- Chula Vista Learning Community Charter - Tuition Free Title 1 Site
- Del Mar Heights Elementary
Interested in having a Neighborhood Choir at your school?
Support Neighborhood Choir in Low-Income Communities
The San Diego Children's Choir is a non-profit organization that provides tuition-free music education to underserved communities. Your donation will help fund direct costs for teaching, sheet music, hand-held instruments and performances for the most vulnerable members of our community. Please make a donation today.